Degree Type:Master of Philosophy
Department:Department of Animal Science
Modes of Study:Regular
A candidate seeking admission to the MPhil (Animal Science) degree programme must:
- Have obtained a good first degree (at least a Second Class) in Agriculture, or related subject area with substantial animal production content, from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Submit an official transcript of academic record.
- Submit at least three reference reports, one of which must be from a former lecturer.
- Submit a proposal of 3-5 pages of intended area of study including a working bibliography.
- Pass a selection interview
- Satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the department.
The main goal of the MPhil (Animal Science) programme is to produce graduates who are academically skilled, professionally competent and innovative enough to respond to emerging challenges and threats in the livestock sub-sector and related areas.